How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I came to UK legally in 2004 with my son who was 12 I met

Customer Question

I came to UK  in 2004 with my son who was 12 and applied for Asylum. Home Office lost most of my original documents. After the court I got refusal.

I met my present wife in 2005 and we lived as unmarried partners . We got an approval for marriage and married in 2010. We applied for EEA as she is a British resident from EU. As my passport had expired, to get a new one I had to go to my country but without the ILRI couldn't do it. I had IRC card issued from Home office. I was refused to proceess my EEA application. The reason was that I didn't provide my ID. They made mistake by not recognizing the ID which had been issued my Home Office which is IRC. I got the refusal without the rights to appeal. My son appealed to the Tribunal and won the case. My solicitor explained to me that I will be automatically included in that case but it's not happened and only my son has received the approval. My solicitor had to apply again. It was this February and we are still waiting for their respond. I have asked my solicitor what is the period of waiting and he gave me an answer- '' You don't have any fixed time as you don't have a Passport''

My question are 1. What can be done in my situation?

Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Thank you for your patience,
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,