How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71147
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I'm not sure if you can. My son is in prison offences

This answer was rated:

I'm not sure if you can. My son is in prison for sex offences serving a 4 yr sentence. One of the original complainants is saying my son raped her as he find not stop when she asked him to. He completely denies this. He was interviewed by TVP in June but has heard nothing further . I would like to secure a solicitor on his behalf to find out more ( with his permission) but don't know where to start.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
You mean he is on remand for these allegations but serving on another matter?
Or that he has been convicted already and wants to appeal?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He was first charged with having sex with a girl under 16 when he was 17 -19 she was 13-15. He pleaded guilty because he was. The police them changed him with under age sex with another girl when they were both under 16 but also when he was 16 and she was 15. Then additionally another girl said he had also had sex with her which he denied but it was made very difficult to plead not guilty. Anyway he was charged with several counts and received a 4 year sentence at Oxford crown court in January. In June Thames police visited him in prison and told him one of the girls ( God had been in a relationship with) was accusing him of rape and he denies this. These events happened 5 years ago. My son has been in a relationship with a girl a year younger than him for two years who he met at uni. For 2 years prior his girlfriend was also the same age. We wanted him to serve his sentence and come out and start his life again. I am worried that this girl can accuse him of this and because of the law around sex offences he will have no defence. It is hanging over us and we don't know what to do.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
* he had been in a relationship with not ( god)
Does he say she consented?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
And she was how old?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
15 I believe
Well, he has a defence to rape. He doesn't have a defence to under age sex although if he was 17 himself then the sentence should have been nothing even remotely like 4 years.
There are number of firms in Oxford. This firm
is a criminal specialist.
Truth is that he needed them at the time of interview. If he is going to carry on having relationships with young ladies who keep the police on speed dial then he needs to learn never to have interviews in the absence of solicitors.
They will probably still look into the case for him though but he would need to instruct them. He can do that from prison.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you