How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71038
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Can you help me please I was going to move in to my girl friends

This answer was rated:

Can you help me please
I was going to move in to my girl friends home and moved my belongings in
However things didn't work out
And before I moved in we split up
I have now been waiting for 2 months to get my belongings back which are valued over £3000
How can I get my belongings back ?
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
Why won't she return them?
Just a diva or some excuse?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She says she finds it to upsetting also she says she has other priority should in her life
Well, that is ridiculous.
Send her one letter saying that if she doesn't return your property you will sue her for the value and seek costs and interest. Give her 7 days and quote a specific date.
If she does not then issue against her here
She will get over the 'distress' fast enough when she might have to pay you compensation.
You can also seek an injunction forcing her to hand over the specific items but that is more expensive and you should really only be doing that if there is something there that cannot be replaced with money.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Jo C. and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you