How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

As my boyfriend was unable to obtain credit, I took out a loan

This answer was rated:

As my boyfriend was unable to obtain credit, I took out a loan agreement with a music company in order to purchase him a piece of DJing kit costing £800 (actually £77.50 per month for 12 months). This happened in December 2014. The plan was that I take out the agreement and the money comes off my account each month and he then pays the money straight into my account. He is now my ex boyfriend and I have a feeling that he will cease paying me the money leaving me with this debt. Am I legally obliged to demand the equipment back given that it is my name on the agreement? He has paid more than half of it. Thanks.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
If he refuses to pay then you can sue for breach of contract.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.