How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35056
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have a very simple consent order with regards ***** *****

This answer was rated:

I have a very simple consent order with regards ***** ***** divorce proceedings. I am looking for a lawyer to quickly go over the two page document to make sure its all good for me and i am not losing out on anything. I can email it over.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
have you had any face to face advise on the details?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, How do i send you the consent order form? as this is the form i need you to review. My husband and i are divorcing amicably. He is keeping our two children and i shall be paying him £250 towards child maintenance for both children per month. We have two properties with family home (46 cordelia road where i live) being put on sale soon. I just want to make sure that i will get to keep the 100% proceed of the sale of the property once it is sold as this is what we agreed. I will also take my name off the other property (71 montpelier gardens) and it will soley be my ex's then.


Are you happy that this woudl be a fair division of the financial assets?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, yes i am happy with it. I just want to keep the 100% proceedings of the family home. I am happy to sign off the other property to him as long as he is legally bound not to take any share from the sale of family home. i do not wish to have anything else from him financially or otherwise.


The Order certainly allows you to receive all the proceeds of the sale of that property - but he only has to try and release you from the mortgage - if he cannot do so then you will have to remain on it
I hope this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you