How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I'm a builder and had a skip delivered to a job. When

This answer was rated:

Hi, I'm a builder and had a skip delivered to a job.
When the skip was taken away damage had been caused to the bricks on the bay window
Leaving paint from the skip on the bricks ( unfortunately the removal of the skip was not witnessed).
On speaking to the skip company they are refusing responsibility.
They are saying the damage was caused by ourselves, which is not the case.
Many thanks *****
Hello Keith my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
What is the cost of putting right please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Around £1,000
Thanks. You need to get several quote for getting the work done, then pick the cheapest as this is your loss.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund of this loss within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.