How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alice H Your Own Question
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2850
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alice H is online now

I am a clinical professional, and subject to a claim of negligence.

This answer was rated:

I am a clinical professional, and subject to a claim of negligence. My indemnifiers are dealing with the claim itself but I have grave reservations regarding the handling of the claim and previous claims and I feel severely compromised and appear to have no ability to question how the claim is handled. My question is , do lawyers exist who will defend the interests and professional standing of clinicians who find themselves falsely accused but inadequately defended?
My name is ***** ***** I am happy to help with your question today.
There are many law firms who will defend you. One leading firm is and the Law Society will be able to give you a list of many others. However, if you instruct your own firm, your insurer might not fund representation as they usually instruct people from their panel.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you. what I need is legal advice to assist me making a complaint against the firm dealing with the claim, not to defend the claim itself!

There are certainly firms who will help you with complaints and claims against other law firms - but quite frankly your best option is probably to go directly to the Solcitors Regulation Authority - or the Legal Ombudsman - They are the professions regulators and going to them will not require the services of another law firm and you will not incur any costs. The organisations are the professions regulators and they have wid ranging and swift powers to investigate and deal with complaints.
Alice H and other Law Specialists are ready to help you