How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

The police is trying to push my seventeen old daughter to give

Customer Question

The police is trying to push my seventeen old daughter to give a statement as a witness even she didn't see nothing. What can I do ?
Please advice
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
Why doesn't she want to make a statement?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello there Jo,

We've already spoken to the CID and my daughter has told them that she didn't see anything and is very traumatised and would rather forget about the matter.

What should we do next as there is a Constable who called saying that if we do not agree to make a witness statement then they will give my daughter's name to the defendants prosecutor when they find the culprit?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Did she call the police by any chance?