How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10780
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

Peter Francis Burke of Burke & Co Solicitors*****

This answer was rated:

Peter Francis Burke of Burke & Co Solicitors***** Webbs Wood Road,Bradley Stoke,Bristol BS32 8EJ. They were are family solicitors. He kept for safe keeping our family wills. Power of Attorney for my father and Tennancy in common details for mine and my fathers house. The original documents with the signatures and company stamps. Peter Burke has now retired sold his business to Star Legal, they have not been able to find any of my documents which I now need urgently. How and where can I find these? Where are they stored? How do I get them back?
Stephen C Sweet ***@******.***
Tel *********** Mob 079737671235

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

Having looked into matters, I do confirm that Star Legal took over Burke & Co, and as such any Deeds and Wills/Powers of Attorney should still safely be stored by Star Legal.

I am not sure if they are denying responsibility for your Wills/Powers of Attorney, but upon them acquiring Burke & Co, they should have written to all clients for whom they were holding Deeds/documents, and retained them safely.

You should therefore go back to Star Legal (ideally,with evidence you may have that Burke & Co were holding your documents) and ask them to search further for them.

If it turns out that they have mislaid them, they should offer to prepare new documents for you, free of charge, if this is feasible.

You may also want to contact the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA), who deal with Solciitors complaints, and lodge a complaint with them. Their phone number is 0370(###) ###-####

(They will ask you to try and resolve matters directly with Star Legal, before they are likely to get involved).

I hope this assists and sets out the legal position.

Kind Regards


Aston Lawyer and 5 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Aston Lawyer I am unable to get new documents as my father is 98 and has Alzheimer's, the social and carers require sight of these documents especially the power of attorney to allow me to make the decisions on his behalf. ownership of the house for there financial records due to funding.
I will go back to Star Legal once more tomorrow and let you know there response

Hi Stephen,


I will leave your question open and will await hearing from you tomorrow.

Kind Regards