How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71053
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I'm in need of a solicitor false allegation of

Customer Question

Hi, I'm in need of a solicitor for the false allegation of rape. I'm really struggling to find one in the South Wales area. My question is do I need a specific solicitor who deals with sexual offences and has some experience in the field?
I've done a lot of research on google and only can find solicitors in the London area.
I really need to know what I need to look for and also where to best find them if possible.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
You mean you are charged with rape ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry yes charged and bailed to reappear.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
You did have a solicitor in police interview?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did have a solicitor at police interview, as he did not fill me with confidence I'm now looking elsewhere.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Legal aid won't be in place yet so you can move around without making any applications to transfer.
That said, you really don't need a specialist. There really aren't any specialist firms. It is not that type of crime. Most criminal firms do enough of the fairly standard offences to be considered a specialist. There are no firms that specialise solely in sexual offences to the exclusion of all others.
There may be a shortage of legal aid firms in your area and that might be an issue needing you to look further afield but any specialist criminal firm will be absolutely fine.
The bigger issue is finding a competent barrister as there are specialists in sexual offences. That is an entirely different issue in which there can be greater specialism.
I don't care to South Wales very often but this firm specialises in crime
Although do remember that you do not have to accept their inhouse HCA and have the right to a barrister instructed by the firm from the independent Bar.
Can I clarify anything for you?