How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10975
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

I am an Italian citizien,My passport espirere in 2013. Can

Customer Question

I am an Italian citizien,My passport espirere in 2013. Can i still go to Italy??
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 2 years ago.
1. You need one of either two documents to travel from the UK to Italy. Either your passport or your National Identity card. Without one of these two documents, you won't be able to board a plane or cross a border from the UK to Europe. This is because the UK is not part of the free movement without passports Schengen Area. So a passport or identity card is necessary to travel from the UK to any other part of the EU apart from the Republic of Ireland. So you will most likely have to apply for a passport, I regret to say.