How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alice H Your Own Question
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2850
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alice H is online now

Ive been assalted by door staff at the enterence of

Customer Question

Ive been assalted by door staff at the enterence of a Newcastle nightclub. I didnt do anything wrong and i wasnt drunk either. After being assaulted for nothing i kicked off and got arrested for drunk and disordely. The funny thing is the police were yards away with backs turned. I made a report of assault by the doorman, cctv came back with nothing at the enterence but just me walking away from enterence.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
My name is***** would you like to know about this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What could i do? They have me on cctv at enterence but not the assault

Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
Understood. When are you going to court from D&D? Do you have any previous convictions?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Its not as the case has been dropped i also have no previous convictions

Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
Great that's good news. You have a couple of options here: you could start a private prosecution against the door staff ( if you can identify them ) for assault or you can sue the staff and the nightclub for compensation for personal injury. A private prosecution must be started in the Magistrates Court and you have a maximum of 6 months from the date of the incident in which to start proceedings. Personal injury claims must be started within 3 years. It's unlikely that the police or the nightclub will assist you very much so I recommend that you instruct a solicitor to help you with this - depending on the value of your claim the solicitor might be able to do this on a 'no win, no fee' basis.