How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1431
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
Type Your Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

I have discovered that a document claimed to be written by

This answer was rated:

I have discovered that a document claimed to be written by me as a witness statement is going to be used in a child custody case. One of the parents involved has a history of violent assault & I do not wish for my name & this statement to be released to him. I did not give my permission for anything I have written to be used in the case & have not been asked to sign it as a true description of the event I witnessed. What can I do? I have only just found this out & I am going on holiday in a couple of days which means I will not be in the UK for the full hearing.
Thank you for your question.
You should contact the court where you think the matter is being heard. Ask for an email address and send an email to the Court for the attention of the Judge outlining your concerns.
Please note that if your statement has not be signed with a Statement of Truth and you are not available to provide oral evidence to confirm the position then a Judge might only apportion very little 'weight' to your purported statement. If you are however concerned then do contact the court and ask to send a letter to the Judge.
Kind Regards
Please remember to rare positively - happy to discuss further.
ukfamilysolicitor and other Law Specialists are ready to help you