How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71132
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I've had a removal notice at my address from Equita in my sons

This answer was rated:

I've had a removal notice at my address from Equita in my sons name for council tax he incurred at another address (he hasn't lived here for a number of years)and my council tax is always paid on time so why are these letters coming here as a 65year old pensioner this is very upsetting
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
I imagine because he is using your address or they are mistaken. There is no way of knowing save for asking the council or the bailiffs.
It doesn't make much difference anyway as even if you do get a bailiffs visit they cannot take anything that doesn't belong to him and if he isn't there then they cannot do that either.
You can always respond to them and tell them where he can be found and then they should not pursue you further.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for advice please close my account
No problem and all the best.
Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jomo1972’.