How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have a house in Wembley where the next door property is a

Customer Question

I have a house in Wembley where the next door property is a fairly new terrace of three houses on one plot. My garden is constantly being flooding by there surface water. When built they built up the rear garden so that any surface water floods into my garden. Adding to that there surface water for the whole plot goes underground, in pipes, to a Soakaway which is unable to take the load of water and overflows down the side of my house, threatening my rear extension foundation, and drops 15/18 ins into my garden. I have been able to get them to erect a fence with concrete gravel birds which has reduced the surface water from there garden into mine. However there is reluctance by two of the owners to do anything about the other problem. What can I do? The owner who has been helping in the past has sold up and moving at end of the month leaving me with two Absent Landlords. E XXXXXX

Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
For now please let me know whether you have searched the Land Registry to clarify the address of the owner?