How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

We are a small building company who has carried out work on

This answer was rated:

we are a small building company who has carried out work on a school for an insurance claim, value of £3500.
The school are happy with the works, the insurance company settled the payment with school but the architect is refusing to issue the certificate. the school can not pay without the certificate Help
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Why is the architect refusing please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He is saying we have not issued final account which we have done at least 10 times, he is being awkward, we have emailed the account so have proof
You need to write and ask him to do it within the next 7 days or say you will take him to Court and seek an Order that he provides it and seek costs against him.
If he refuses then you can issue proceedings using form N1:
The court will issue the claim and decide whether to make an order. He would be liable for any costs incurred in doing this. You are seeking a Court order that he 'deliver up' the certificate.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you