How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1370
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
Type Your Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

I am not in a union but I need a representative at a disciplinary

This answer was rated:

I am not in a union but I need a representative at a disciplinary hearing what can I do
Welcome to Just Answer
Thank you for your question.
If your employer invites you to a disciplinary meeting then you can ask a 'companion' to come with you.
This companion can be:
a trade union representative, or
an official employed by a trade union, or
a colleague
It is also worth checking your contract of employment as sometimes they will say a wider class of 'companion' whom you can bring with.
Your employer might also have a policy about this - so also check your handbook.
If you are not a member of a trade union - then this does not prevent you from approaching a trade union and asking if they will attend with you.
This is a useful link to find an appropriate trade union for you:
Kind Regards
Please remember to rate positively. No credit is received for our work unless positive feedback is received.
ukfamilysolicitor and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you I will try the website that you have provided
I wish you all the best - kind regards