How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71140
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have been charged with taking a packet of cigarets in to

This answer was rated:

I have been charged with taking a packet of cigarets in to a prison with intent to give them to a prisoner. In the charge it has the packet as 20 in brackets but the packet was actually 19. Does this change anything?
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
Not particularly to be wholly honest.
You could plead on a basis that it was 19 not 20 and the Crown should accept that as it doesn't change anything.
But the offence is made out even on your account and it isn't particularly good mitigation I'm afraid.
Sorry if that is bad news.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you