How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1439
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
Type Your Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

How can I find out if someone I know has a criminal past or

This answer was rated:

How can I find out if someone I know has a criminal past or is our on bail?
Thank you for your question.
I am a Solicitor and will assist you.
Please can I ask - the person you want to find information out about their criminal past:
- are you in an intimate relationship with that person?
- is someone you know (and that you are concerned about) in an intimate relationship with that person?
Kind Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Her name is***** le Blond or Kate le Blond she is trying to get close to my family but I have an understand that she has a passed and I would like to know what that is incase there is any kind of danger

Thank you for your response.
Would you say that this lady is in a relationship with one of your family members? If you are concerned that the family member is at risk of violence from this lady then either you or the family member could make an application for disclosure under Claire's law.
A third party can make the application although the police may decide that the person making the request should not necessarily receive the disclosure. They may consider to disclose to the potential victim or someone best placed to protect the potential victim.
It is easy to make the application - this can be done by visiting a police station or calling 101.
The police will then run initial checks and then depending on the outcome of these they might choose to invite you in for a face to face meeting. The police will then meet with other agencies to see if disclosure can take place.
Kind Regards
Please remember to rate positively. No credit is received for our work unless positive feedback is received.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

would you still be able to get this info without the other that family/friend? Member finding out that you have asked?

You could make the referral - but if the police have information that really needs to be disclosed to a potential victim - then they really should find out.
Kind Regards
Please remember to rate positively.
I would be grateful if you could kindly rate my answer.
ukfamilysolicitor and other Law Specialists are ready to help you