How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1437
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
Type Your Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

My husband cheated on me with a man and I understand that means

This answer was rated:

My husband cheated on me with a man and I understand that means we can't get a divorce on the grounds of adultery.
My question is... could we get a divorce on the grounds of unreasonable behavior and if so, does the rule that he should move out within 6 months of the day I found out still apply in that case?
If I wanted to give him another chance it feels weird to have a deadline put on it. Is there a chance for divorce if I decide that therapy doesn't work and I have done all I could to make it work but more than 6 months have passed?
Welcome to Just Answer.
I am a Solicitor and I will assist you.
It does not matter if you are still residing together for a petition based upon your husbands unreasonable behaviour. You can choose to petition for unreasonable behaviour at any point after you have been married for 1 year.
For a petition based upon unreasonable behaviour you need 6 - 7 reasons of why you can no longer remain married to your husband. You can choose to make the reasons as amicable as possible if you want to such as 'he didn't pay me enough attention'.
When you commence divorce proceedings - you can withdraw your application from the court at any point up until you have obtained decree absolute - if you decided you wanted to reconcile.
Kind Regards
Positive feedback is gratefully received. Please note that we receive no credit for our work unless positive feedback is received.
ukfamilysolicitor and other Law Specialists are ready to help you