How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

A UK citizen who claims his name is***** of 19 Staincross

Customer Question

A UK citizen who claims his name is***** of 19 Staincross Common, Staincross, Barnsley S756 UK has been harrassing my 16 year old daughter for several months.
He sends text messages, makes phonecalls, and communicates with her on a daily (nightly) basis via social media sites including Skype and Gmail's chat forum. He has sent a package to her at our house in Bangkok, Thailand which contents included a pair of his used knickers and a Swiss army knife.
He has caused me (a US citizen) and my wife a great deal of anxiety: he wakes us at all hours of the night, leaves messages on our answering machine, and is interferring with my daughter's health and education--she spends hours chatting and texting, skips meals and often gets little sleep. She seems to be infatuated with and brain-washed by this character. We are not even sure is a real person or whether he is indeed the 17-year-old love struck diabetic living with racist parents that he says he is. Any advice or help you may be able to provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Have you reported this to the UK Police please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello, Alex,

I must have inadvertently deleted your response.

Since I have already paid for your answer, would you please re-send the file to my e-mail address?

I do not expect to incur any further charges for this.

Thank you.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I am not sure the Expert provided a full response yet, as they have posted an information request - this means they need to know more details before they will be able to give you a full answer.
Thank you,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

If that is the case, why had I been charged for answer which I paid already via my visa card?

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I apologise for any confusion with JustAnswer's payment process. JustAnswer is a paid service, but Experts are only paid after a customer is satisfied with the answer that an Expert has given.
When asking a question on JustAnswer, a customer sets the amount that they are willing to pay for a satisfactory answer to their question. Either before the question is posted, or before the answer to a question is revealed, the customer must make a good faith deposit for the full amount that they are willing to pay for the satisfactory answer to their question. The deposit is fully refundable if the customer is not satisfied with any of the answers.
The Expert who answers a customer’s question is paid only after the customer leaves a positive rating on the question page. The Expert is paid using the customer’s good faith deposit, so an additional charge is not made to the customer unless the customer decides to leave a bonus for their Expert that exceeds the value of the credit already on the customer’s JustAnswer account.
Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I WAS indeed charged a fee and did not tell anyone I was satisfied with an answer to my question.

I received my Visa bill and there was a charge listed and I paid it.

Please check on this. If need be I can produce a copy of the Visa bill which lists the charge.

If this was a deposit, as you say, please refund the fee (credit my Visa account) as I have not certainly not left any positive rating on the question page.

Thank you.