How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I live with my father he is 82 yes old and if he end's up in

This answer was rated:

I live with my father he is 82 yes old and if he end's up in a care home would he get home taking off him and could I still live there. he owns home.

Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How much is the house worth and how old are you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

About £80,000 and I'am 51

What financial contribution have you made to the property?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I pay about £60 plus extras for my lodgings.

Have you paid anything towards repairs to the property?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Buying furniture and things but no repairs yet.

I am afraid that in that case there is indeed a risk that you will have to leave the property so that it can be sold to pay for his care if he goes into a home in the next nine years.Once you are over 60 then the property will be disregarded, but until then you are at riskI hope that this is of assistance please ask if you need further detailsClare
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you