How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71154
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

One car reverse suddenly at front of me from a car park area

This answer was rated:

One car reverse suddenly at front of me from a car park area and I stopped to see what he was about to do further, after he finished the reverse, he placed his car facing my car position accelerating very badly to me get of his way. Unfortunately when I start the reverse I hit another car on my left back side parked on the road. When this gentleman saw what happen he reversed his giving me space to pass, I get off my car and try to talk with them, explaining that one he was reversed and saw me stopped he should not forced the way through me, he should wait until I had passed through him at safe place and after carry on his way.....I asked to him, Now what we going to do? he refused to give me his information about insurance and drove away without talk with me....luckily before he goes I toke a picture from his registration number, now what should I do?....I have informed the Police already....
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
What else are you hoping to do?
To achieve what?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Did I make something wrong at this situation? and If I appeal? DO you think I have possibilities to get my car fixer from the damages caused?

Have you told the police about the vehicle you hit?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes....I was a little angry and nevous, I do not remember very well...but I think so...
When did this happen?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Was yesterday night...around 08:00, there was nobody on this road unfortunately.

Did the police ask you to fill out a form detailing how you hit the other car?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The police was not at the place, I called them and because my car was drivable and as well there was no injured person, they only explained for me to go at the police station to make a report...what I will do during this morning....

Ok. In that case you haven't reported.
You do need to do that first thing and you do need to explain that you struck another car. If you do not you commit the offence of failing to stop and report.
In relation to the other party, he has committed that offence. If you have his number plate then they will track him down and pursue the matter unless he is not the registered keeper or known to the registered keeper.
You also need to tell your insurance company.
If you have the registration number it should be easy enough for everybody to find him unless it was stolen at the time.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok, I will do the report this morning as you suggested, but looking at all this picture and with you experience...Do think is there any possibilities for him pay the damages?...because I tried to localize somebody as witness an there was nobody...and with who I had spoken won't get do you think he will not pay for it?

You are still liable for any damage you caused to another car but he is liable for any damage to your car.
He might well try to deny it. People do lie sometimes.
If he does then your insurance company will have to debate the point with his.
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you