How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

A transporter damaged our dinning glass table while moving

This answer was rated:

Hi, a transporter damaged our dinning glass table while moving furnitures . Now this is an ongoing issue for the past 3 months . First he said he is going to repair it and nothing happened , he is playing games , he comes up always with excuses . He never gave an invoice and he wanted the payments in cash . He was probably trying to avoid paying taxes and he can have an insurance claim . What should I do ? Thanks Ali
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This is the email from Dan , Anyvan website through which I found the transport company . This email was send to Andy, the transporter 2 days ago :I hope all is well. I am contacting you this morning in regard to the on going matter with the damaged glass table. Please note We have been CC’d in to the emails as you are aware.This issue has now been going on a month and should have come to a resolve. You have also picked up the Glass table top from the customer which has not been returned.From the messages we can clearly see that you have admitted liability and have stated you will carry out the work in the UK.We would urge you to advise the customer of a date and/or completion time frames within the next 48hrs. The customer will be taking further action against you if no dates are given.Kind regards,
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
You need to get a cost of repair, that forms your loss.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund of that repair figure within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello Alex,
The transporter came and took all pieces of the table including the top glass too . I can not really estimate the damage . What I could do is to get a price for the whole table . I believe for me it is a total loss because he has no clue on how to assemble the table . This table comes from Italy and I could request a quote if that work . Thanks
Indeed, you could do that. You should try and get a number of quotes to show that you are being reasonable.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes , Thank you .
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help:
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sure , I will do
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Alex sorry I couldn't find the form N1 ???
Or do it online:
Does that help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes thanks