How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Two years ago ie on 26th April 2013, my husband was refused

Customer Question

Two years ago ie on 26th April 2013, my husband was refused to board a returning flight from Lima Peru to the UK on the grounds that his UK visa was out of date !
The clerk at the Copa check in desk missread the visa details and so refused my husband to board,
As there was no superior employee to clarify this ,my husband and I ,both over seventy ,had to miss our flights .
Until this was all sorted out ,my husband had to remain in Lima ,returning eventually in July 2013.
I wrote to Lorena Mendez***@******.*** on 12 September 2013 sending her details and supporting receipts for our out of pocket extra travelling expenses which she acknowledged but to date have heard no further from her or the company,
Can you please advise .Thank you .
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?