How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I'm defending my company in a dispute. I have submitted

This answer was rated:

I'm defending my company in a dispute. I have submitted a defence and a counter claim and the other party hasn't responded, they were supposed to reply by 21st Aug.
Can I submitted a request for judgement (n225 form) and if so should I fill it out as the claimant or defendant?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with.
Yes you can request for Judgment on the Counter claim. You can request it on N225 yes.
You ask it for Claimant on the Counter-claim.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Alex

Thanks for getting back to me.

Will the counter claim have a separate claim number? The court hasn't provided me with one.

If it doesn't have a separate claim number how do I specify that this if for the counter claim, there is no where on the form that asks about that. I'm just concerned that if I enter the original claim number (in which my company is the defendant) that it will confuse the matter.



No it's the same claim number. I would just do a covering letter saying you are requesting judgment on the counter claim.
Does that help?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.