How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I was approached vie email by a property company offering a

This answer was rated:

I was approached vie email by a property company offering a property for sale in Liverpool,
the add made the property sound very attractive investment opportunity,
I went to view the property and all looked OK,
The company required a arrangement fee of £5000.00
I paid the fee, and a considerable amount of money for solicitors and mortgage broker fees,
Some months passed then the seller started to push for a quick exchange with a threat that they would pull out if we didn't exchange within a week.
It was at this point that my solicitor discovered that the flat did not have the correct planning permission or building regulations in place, the seller did offer to get this corrected but I had lost all faith in the deal as the had hidden this deliberately.
I requested my deposit back but the company refused,
do you think I am entitled to a re fund.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

In your opinion am I entitled to a re fund ??

Yes I think you are.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Alex !!

Do you think a no win no fee solicitor would take up the case for me and if so could you recommend one,



Unlikely as this is a small claim so legal costs generally cant be recovered.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.


If I were willing to pay the legal costs do you think someone would take the case up for me ??

And again if so could you recommend.



Yes I think they would Martin. Sadly I am not allowed to recommend as this is a Q&A site.
I am sorry
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you,

I understand,

So what type of solicitor should I approach ??
A contract lawyer. Civil litigation.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes thank you,

just one last question

could you tell me the best place to find such a solicitor ??

Thank you for your help


Good luck!
Ash and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.