How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Under what circumstances can a warrant of control issued by

This answer was rated:

Under what circumstances can a warrant of control issued by bailiffs be withdrawn and referred back to a Magistrates' Court? Basically, I had a original fine of £33,500, which I have reduced down to £7500. I was late in paying the monthly amount and the
Magistrates sent the indebtedness to Collectica. Does the magistrates court have the power to withdraw the warrant of control and refer it back to the court itself? Can this happen (1) if a mistake has been made; (2) if there has been a change in personal
circumstances; (3) if the fine was originally imposed without taking into account personal circumstances; (4) for any other reason. Is there any cases in relation to this? Also, which are the relevant Acts of Parliament?
What is the fine for?
I notice you haven't yet rated a previous answer so I would be grateful if you could do that now.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Jo,The fine was for contravention of fire regulations.There has never been a fire and nobody has been adversely affected.The Judge on the day refused to examine my financial circumstances, so hence the extortionate level of the fine.I look forward to your reply.I will rate you 4 stars now.Thanks,Mike
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Nicola, I am happy to wait. Warmest best wishes, Mike
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Thank you for your patience,
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Did you appeal the fine please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello Alex, I appealed to the Court of Appeal and had £12,000 taken off the fine of £33,500 to make the total fine £21,500. I have paid £14,000 of this, but am keen to get the remainder rescinded. However, the main current issue is to get the fine out of the hands of the bailiffs and returned to the Magistrates' Court. Could you possibly please advise as to which circumstances would allow the fine to be returned to the Magistrates' Court? ie: change of circumstances, mistakes on the part of the Magistrates' Court etc.
I would ask the Magistrates Court to list the matter to the fines Court. if you can't pay they can write some of it off.
So ask for the Fines Court and that should help with the matter.
Does that help?
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Alex, how do I find an address for the Fines Court. Can you give me an address of the nearest one to Nottingham? Thanks in advance.