How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

My daughter purchased a car on finance. Since the day I bought

Customer Question

My daughter purchased a car on finance. Since the day I bought it it has had problems.
It was reported last year and has spent nearly 6 months in the garage having various
parts replaced. Basically the door locking system unlocks on it own accord. The safety of my 2 young children are my main concern as this happens when we are travelling.
THe garage do not know the reason why.
I have had a loan car but they phoned me today to say they want the loan car back.
I have no other form of transport.
I have cancelled my payment to the finance company on the basis that I have not been able to drive my car and Im still paying Insurance on this.
Because they have changed more than 20 parts and are still doing this I now feel that I do not want this vechilce back.
What is my right
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Was it a new or used car? Is it under warranty?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Used car with warranty but the warranty has now ran out but they were dealing with this before it ran out
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
How old is the car and what is the cost of repair?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
April 2011
No idea of the cost as they cannot find what is. Amusing the problem
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
You need to get a second opinion and it should be diagnosed, then you will know and get an idea of the cost to put right.
Or you should ask for a refund. You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?
If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you my daughter has rejected the vehicle and is dwalinf with the ombudsman.
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Great thats good news. Anything else I can help with?
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: