How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JG_Legal Your Own Question
JG_Legal, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 47
Experience:  Experience of consumer law, financial regulation and criminal law.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JG_Legal is online now

I was made a bankrut in the early 80s and then discharged but

This answer was rated:

I was made a bankrut in the early 80s and then discharged but i dont have the sertifcate (it was distroyed by an ex wife) where can i get a copy or at least the acurate dates please.
You should contact the court and ask for a copy of the discharge certificate but given length of time, they may not have retained copies. If not, contact the Insolvency Service and ask if they have anything. If you get no luck there, you might be able to demonstrate the dates using other documentation you still have relating to your bankruptcy.I hope this helps but if you require further clarification please do not hesitate to ask.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I do not know the court only that it was in london, it was not a good time for me then so my memories are pore. it was the VAT that went to court would you know the court they would use.

I suggest you call the Rolls Building, London, Fetter Lane on Monday morning on(###) ###-####6294. This is the new bankruptcy court but obviously they hold records for their predecessor and may be able to point you in the right direction if they do not retain the records.I hope this answers your question.
JG_Legal and other Law Specialists are ready to help you