How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 33527
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
Type Your Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

My daughter is selected in UK university, her classes are starting

This answer was rated:

My daughter is selected in UK university, her classes are starting from 21st Sept, so me and my wife would like to drop her in London, kindly suggest which UK visa type needs to be applied. We are Indians residing in Saudiarabia
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Earlier in April and May 2015 our visa application was rejected applied under tourist visa, the reason for refusal is that I couldnt provide original bank statement with stamp. Now we are desperate to get a visa to drop our daughter. Somebody suggested me to apply as special visitor type (to visit child at school), what do you suggest?
Why couldn't you provide an original bank statement
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will ask my bank to provide me the original statement today, but my question was what type of visa needs to be applied for? Will it be a General Visitor or Special Visa?
The Home Office have now replaced the General and Family visitor (basically the special) visa routes with the Standard Visitor visa route. As such it will have to be the standard or general visa route. Happy to discuss. Please rate positively - thanks
ivorylounge and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You are welcome, today we submitted our application with original bank statement, hopefully this time it should work. We applied as general visitor enclosing the copies of my daughters university details, also can my son who is 21 years can apply too as General Visitor.?
Yes you need to be over 18