How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10944
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

My wife has a spousal visa with no recourse to public funds

Customer Question

My wife has a uk spousal visa with no recourse to public funds as she is from Indonesia, she is living with me in the uk, she wants to find work but is she allowed to do so?

Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 2 years ago.
1. Yes, once she has a spousal visa, she can work in the UK. I am assuming you are a UK or EU or EEA area citizen. Basically, a spousal visa gives all the rights to the spouse as would apply to a person lawfully living in the UK. This includes the right to work.