How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1437
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
Type Your Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

Alex I'm a solicitor who retired from private practice in

This answer was rated:

Hi Alex
I'm a solicitor who retired from private practice in January and my practising certificate falls due for renewal next month. I sit part-time in a judicial capacity and seem to recall that, in that respect, a solicitor no longer needs to hold a PC. I don't particularly want to renew, if I can avoid it. Do you happen to know the answer? I've tried researching it online but without success. Apologies for the curved ball: completely understand if this is outside your field.
Welcome to Just Answer
Thank you for your question.
It is my understanding that you need a practising certificate to carry out a reserved legal activity. The Legal Services Act 2007 defines reserved legal activities and it specifically does not include activities of a judicial nature.
Check out:
Kind Regards
Positive feedback is gratefully received.
ukfamilysolicitor and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you