How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

We rent a holiday chalet to a couple. How do we evict them

This answer was rated:

We rent a holiday chalet to a couple. How do we evict them?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There is a holiday chalet on our farm and was rented in a tenancy agreement to a couple in 1946. We now want to terminate the tenancy and the agreement states four weeks notice. Is that all we have to do?

Is it their main home?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.


Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can I have a reply please?

Sorry for the delay I was in Court. So it is just a holiday home they use several times a year?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thats right

Ok. You need to write and terminate the agreement. You need to give notice, ie if they pay you monthly then you need to give a month, if its annually then you need to allow until the end of the current period.
If they refuse to leave you then need to issue possession proceedings. You can use this using form N5:
The court will list the matter for hearing and decide whether to give possession. If the Court does and they refuse to leave then they can be evicted by bailiffs.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.