How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Last year I was diagnosed by an Orthopod at East Surrey for

Customer Question

Last year I was diagnosed by an Orthopod at East Surrey for slight Arthritis following MRI scan and Xrays on my ankle, My husband subsequently sought a private consultation with a Private hospital and was advised that I had a severed tendon and I underwent emergency treatment at Goring Hall hospital, involving a WO463, Right foot FDL transfer & calcaneal osteotomy operation on Friday 28 August, following a 3 1/2 hr procedure, I am advised that the cast I have fitted is Non load bearing and the replacement will take place this coming Friday and I will not be allowed to walk on it for at a further 6 weeks. The costs incurred are in excess of £8000.00, and to date we are unable to establish why the NHS failed to give a correct diagnosis. I now feel we should sue for negligence on this issue, what do you think ?
Yours Lady Patricia Hore.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund of the £8000 within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?