How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My father passed away recently and my mother is left living

Customer Question

My father passed away recently and my mother is left living a long way from other family. She is frail and registered blind. I live abroad. If I buy a property, in my name, near to one of her other sons, will I be able to charge my mother rent, and will my mother be entitled to claim Housing Benefit to pay towards that rent?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

Would you require to obtain a Buy to let Mortgage to finance the purchase?