How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34893
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My ex-wife is changing my childrens school against my wishes

This answer was rated:

My ex-wife is changing my childrens school against my wishes - there have been no problems there - and my children are very happy there. My step daughter started there on Monday and my ex-wife now says that the children want to leave. My step daughter and birth children are best friends and have been for over 5 years. They are very happy and activly take part in many after school clubs etc.
My ex wife is on the PTA there and her father is the Chair of Govenors.
She phoned and screamed abuse regarding how "seeing more of me is unaccetable" and made it clear that she would remove the children for her own selfish reasons.
I have been given 24 hours to come up with a reason why they should not move.
What do I do?
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help youHow old are your children?Clare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

8 & 9

What contact do they usually have with you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have court order and the access is split 55% mother 45% father

So they go to school from your house some of the time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes very often

In that case the simple answer is that here is NO good reason for changing schools and if your ex says that she is determined to do so then you should warn her that you will make an immediate applictaion for a Prohibited Steps Order to prevent the change happening unless and until the Court has decided that it is in the best interests of the children,
The form you will need is here
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you