How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3840
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now

If a minority shareholder owes the company money is there anything

This answer was rated:

if a minority shareholder owes the company money is there anything we can do in relation to his shares value in order to recoup that cash?
Thank you for your question and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.
Under what circumstances does the shareholder owe the money?
Are the shares paid up?
Is there a shareholders agreement?
Kind regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No terms re the lend and no payment if shares nor agreement yet just verbal agreements on all
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no agreement made re the cash

shares not created official nor paid for

Hi thank you. If he has not paid for his shares, you could make a call on the shares for payment and if he does not pay for the shares you can forfeit them. He would still owe the debt, but you would maybe able to claw his shares back. Would he be able to pay for his shares? Kind regards AJ
Alex J. and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you