How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I am taking a well know company to small claims court for

This answer was rated:

Hi, I am taking a well know company to small claims court for not paying an invoice I issued for my time when they refused to act on a problem they created which only ended when they were made to take action by the information commissioner. I sent invoice, reminder and final demand by recorded delivery. I have granted 28 day extension to file defence, as requested but now they are asking for copies of documents and invoices etc prior to filling defence. Do I have to provide these considering they should already have them? I think they are trying to waste my time or find an excuse for their defence. Any advise would be greatly appreciated - I am only perusing this because I am tired of big companies thinking they can behave how they like without ever being challenged. Any advise greatly appreciated :-)
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Its a small claim so you can request Judgment if they go over the 28 day extension. In a small claim you only need to provide copies of documents you wish to rely on 14 days before a hearing. You dont have to disclose before.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Alex,Thank you for your prompt response. The outcome I want from this is either the Vodafone pays the invoice for my time (about £1400) because a hearing would be financially unviable for them or it goes to court and I have the opportunity to highlight their unethical practices, even if I received no payment. My question is really how they are likely to defend this because at present I have a very polite para-legal bombarding me with requests.
In your professional opinion, would it be reasonable for me to politely refuse to provide them any further information on the basis that everything has already been sent to them via recorded delivery and then 14 days before a hearing to then forward everything again in the hope that they will either settle or attend the hearing?
Many thanks for your time,
Yes you can refuse. You can say they can have disclosure once the court makes an order.
That is it.
Does that help?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok, thank you :-)