How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71041
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I was 15 of age I was done a vacant house ( there

Customer Question

I was 15 of age I was done for entering a vacant house ( there was 3 of us )
i'm 42 now .
one woman in the village has been saying thing .by ringing friends saying a fosse account
ringing work etc.
the man how lived there has tried to drive me of the road he's made threats to one of the others saying I'm going to smash your face in
wot can I do
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
What are you hoping to do about this?
What are you trying to achieve?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I would like to now wot action and legal action I can take
Can I take the woman to court for damages ect
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Do you have the funds to pay for action ? It would cost between £10k - £25k?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I've got to ask my dad if he will let me use house insurance
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
The house insurance won't pay for it.
They never do.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What can they police take
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
They won't be interested in this. They will say it is a civil matter.
At the very highest point it amounts to a harassment maybe and even that is only really weak.
The person making the threat might have committed a low level public order offence if it had been to your face but it was not and it was not conveyed electronically so the communication offences don't apply.
It is a civil matter really.