How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71051
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Kitchen conversion was not built to the required standard and

Customer Question

kitchen conversion was not built to the required standard and is not fit for purpose in my opinion who can i complain to
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
You can complain to trading standards although it doesn't usually achieve much. If he is registered with with a trade association then you can complain to them.
A better option is to get another to complete the work and sue the first builder for any additional cost. You do though then need to be satisfied that this does genuinely fall below the required standard rather than just that you are not pleased with the result.
Can I clarify anything for you?