How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My mother & me,Timothy Paul Schofield, moved to*****Weybridge,Surrey,KT13

Customer Question

My mother & me,Timothy Paul Schofield, moved to*****Weybridge,Surrey,KT13 8JW in March 2003.My mother owned the property & i lived there,paying my mum what i could afford.Sadly on September 12th 2013 she passed away.In the will she stipulated that i,Timothy Paul Schofield, could stay at the property for two years paying all outgoings in respect thereof. The two years will expire on September 12th 2015. The Will stipulates that after the two years the property is to be sold & the money split between my two sisters & me.I have been to the council to find about rehousing.They told me i do not qualify for council housing or housing benefit due to the inheritance i will receive.Thus i will become homeless until the property is sold.I am currently claiming DLA & ESA. My question is. Do i have any tenancy rights to carry on living at the property?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

Is the house on the market yet?

Have you asked your sisters if they are happy for you to remain living there until it sells?

I look forward to hearing from you.