How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JG_Legal Your Own Question
JG_Legal, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 47
Experience:  Experience of consumer law, financial regulation and criminal law.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JG_Legal is online now

I moved into a property and the agency said they will send

Customer Question

I moved into a property and the agency said they will send my details to npower. The details were sent by my landlady and were wrong. Npower never sent me a welcome pack or at least to acknowledge me moving into the property, however I woke up with a massive bill. I never lived in properties were I was in charge of my own energy so I was unaware of a lot of procedure.
Now they say I have to pay in full to be able to change supplier and I found a clause in their T's and C's saying my debt can be transferd to the new supplier providing myself and they agree. Tried to sort it out since beggining of August been promised few call backs and emails was supposed to have an instalment payment but until now I still don't have anything and to top it up I received a pay reminer. I started work for an energy company and I kinda know the ins and outs of this situation. What I'm wondering is do I have a case against them with ombudsman??
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  JG_Legal replied 2 years ago.
When did you move in to the property?