How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1368
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
Type Your Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now

My wife and I are divorcing : on 10/09/2015 we met with Family

Customer Question

My wife and I are divorcing : on 10/09/2015 we met with Family Court Judge and drew up an:
'upon the parties agreeing' document which was written by Judge and signed by my wife and I.
I was asked to have the document drawn up formally by a solicitor but now recognise that the agreement does not appear to be in my best interests : it concerns my pension
Neither of us were legally represented at court
What options are available to me : I wish to inform Judge ASAP
Thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer
I am a Solicitor and will assist you.
The appointment with the Judge doesn't sound like an actual court order was made. If an order was made then this would be legally binding but the Judge doesn't appear to have made an order rather he's sent you away to finalise matters.
You should be able to write to the court and ask for a further hearing - if the matter remains contested then it will eventually be decided by a Judge at a final hearing.
Kind Regards
Please remember to rate positively. No credit or payment is received for our work unless positive feedback is received.
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 2 years ago.
Please remember to rate positively - your question will not close and I will be able to answer your follow up questions for free