How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I realy hope you can help I had a traffic accident in which

This answer was rated:

Hi I realy hope you can help I had a traffic accident in which I collided with another car. I am a provisional licence driver and my partner who was with me holds the same. I only wanted to repark the car hence turn it around. I drove for about 4 seconds strait into another car people started filming and the other driver wasn't around so we fled to find out what to do next went back to the scene and my car was gone the internet said fill out a traffic incident report within 24hrs. which I did I have been requested to provide insurance (which is invalid because of provisional) and licence details and the registration of the other car which I don't have. I am really worried, what are the most likely out come as I live with my parner and 4 children
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Were the police called?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes I believe so the car had been removed within 30 minutes but the police station were unaware if it until we made a statement

Did you report the accident?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes a full accident report was made to the police station a few hours after

Are you worried about your own insurance or that of the Police?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't intend to drive again so mainly the police my partner is a motorcycle courier who needs to keep his provisional and cbt will it be a fine or charge as well

I assume you were insured?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes but they said it was invalid as my partner does not have a full licence

Does the policy allow them to do this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes I need a fully licenced driver beside me for the insurance to be valid I was un aware only wanted to turn car around in the middle of the night and I read negligence isn't an acceptable reason

But you drove and had the accident, no one else?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes and the owner of the other car was not around

Ok. Well nothing will happen to your partner he/she was not involved nor driving so they will be ok. You could be prosecuted for not having insurance which is 6 points and a fine. You may also be liable for any damage caused to the other side's vehicle.
But your partner will be ok.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you very much for your help we are writing our response now I do have one more query will I be sent a court date or will the visit my address? I would much rather a date

You may get a summons, you are unlikely to get arrested
Does that help?

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.