How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have filed a claim through Money Claims Online and

Customer Question

Hello, I have filed a claim through Money Claims Online and the defendant has not responded in the time allowed. However, I have noticed a mistake in the statement of the claim. It is for a car that I purchased, and I typed the date of purchase as 2002 by mistake (which is the year of the car), rather than 2015. I am wondering if I should request judgement anyways or if I should file an amendment to correct the mistake in case the defendant is later able to contest the case. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
No, not at this stage. If there has been no response and no defence then you can enter Judgment in default. They must reply within 14 days to a claim.
You can amend it later if necessary, but you dont need to do that yet.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?