How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35059
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have been separated from my partner years now and we

This answer was rated:

I have been separated from my partner for 8 years now and we have a typed contact agreement signed and dated by both parties (signed 1/5/7 & 28/4/7).
I also have the relevant parental responsibility agreement
1, Does this contact agreement have any legal standing?
2, Can the mother (without my agreement) alter 'at will' any elements of this agreement?
Kind regards
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you b
The agreements are evidence of the arrangements that have been agreed and which have been in place.
Your ex can try and change the arrangements - but neither parent can dictate the terms of contact - it is something that must be agreed between the parties and if not then it is for the Court to decide the issue
You can read more on this site
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you