How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My name is***** and I currently live in Cardiff.

Customer Question

My name is***** and I currently live in Cardiff. I am a British Citizen from birth, although I was born in Kenya whilst it was a British colony. Now I want to emigrate to India and become an Indian Citizen. My biological parents were both of Indian Origin. Please can you advice me on what to do.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The only document showing my parents birth in India that I possess is my birth certificate which indicates that both my mother and father were of Indian nationality on my birth. I do not have in my possession either the passports or birth certificates of my parents or their marriage certificate showing that they were born in India to prove that they were Indian nationals at the time of my birth. I know for a fact that my parents never possessed birth certificates(they never had one) and did not know their Date of Birth. What documents do I need to prove that I am eligible for Indian Citizenship by descent. Sarah Peters
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Thank you for your patience,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please close this question for me. No need to reply. Will you refund my money?