How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nicola-mod Your Own Question
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 21
Experience:  Moderator
Type Your Law Question Here...
Nicola-mod is online now

I recently engaged in a private conversation with a

Customer Question

Hello, I recently engaged in a private conversation with a lady via facebook regarding her fathers anti social behaviour, most of which has been witnessed by others, and was all true. She showed her father the message, he then started shouting at me that I better start saving my pennies as he was going to sue me for slander, can he do that. Many Thanks.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
If what you are saying is true then you can't be sued. In any event they would need to show that father has suffered 'serious harm' by what you have said. If not then there is NO CLAIM.
In any event it would have to be a High Court action and to take it to trial they would be looking at at least £15,000 in legal fees.
I would not worry about it, sounds like hot air.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!