How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10944
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

Sir/MadamI have lived in britain from 2002 and iam now

This answer was rated:

Hi Sir/Madam I  am  british as of 2009> i have daughter and she is 20 years old ,she was born ,lived,educated and studied in Syria but she has a candian nationality and passport > she has now come here to visit me and i would like to ask you if there is any possible way to keep her with me as a member of my family because she wouldn't like to go to canada and i am too worried about her so i don't want hre to go back to Syrya for safety reasons> i hope there is a possible way to do this . thanks

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.


I will continuing waiting for an answer .and thank you for your responding

1. At the outset, it would have been preferable if you had taken your daughter into the UK back in 2009, when you were first made a UK citizen. The usual rule is that adult children over 18 cannot get a visa on the basis of their parent's UK nationality. The only exception is if your daughter could be said to be a "Dependent" relative of you. This would be the case, if she had an illness which required care from you or from your financial circumstances. Being wheelchair bound, having schizophrenia, having some illness - these would allow you to get her in on the basis of dependency. Otherwise, she will have to find some way of accessing some other category of entrant, such as a student studying in the UK, or an entrepreneur who can provide investment or job, for example.
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10944
Experience: Barrister 17 years experience
Buachaill and other Law Specialists are ready to help you